You’re probably here because your current domain provider isn’t giving you the service you need, you just want to consolidate your properties or it’s just time for a change. Our goal is to make this process as simple as possible so that you can get on with your life and move forward.
Confused about what to do next? Are you stuck and need answers quickly? We’re always here to help you with
our amazing technical support team 24/7 at
+ (44) 20 3014 1446
Your questions, our answers
Why should I transfer my domains to Sky Guardian?
At Sky Guardian, Domain transfers are charged per name at a flat fee, so you pay nothing beyond this initial cost and ICANN registration, where appropriate. We also let you keep any time left on your current registrations — and throw in a free year of registration for each transfer*. Depending on how many domains you’re moving, this could add up to significant savings.
Are there any limits on when I can transfer my domains?
Domains can be transferred almost any time. However, ICANN prohibits domain transfers within 60 days of registration or prior transfer (.au excepted). ICANN policy
How do I transfer domains to Sky Guardian?
- Make sure the email address listed for the administrative (admin) contact on each domain is up-to-date. Your current registrar might use this address to communicate with you during the transfer process. For .au domains, the admin contact is called the registrant contact.
- Next unlock each of the domain names you’d like to transfer. Contact your current registrar for details on how to do this.
- You may need an authorisation code (sometimes called a transfer key or EPP code) from your current registrar. This isn’t necessary in all cases, such as when transferring country-code Top-level Domain Names (ccTLDs). If the authorisation codes aren’t shown in your account manager, ask your current registrar to email them to you.
- Buy Sky Guardian domain transfers for up to 500 of your domain names at once, listing each one on a separate line in our bulk domain transfer tool. If the extension you’d like to transfer isn’t listed, you can’t transfer that domain name to us.
Under Select Your Transfer Nameservers, choose one of these options:
a) Keep my current nameservers. If your transfer domain name is associated with an active website, choose this option to make sure there’s no interruption in site performance during the transfer.
b) Switch to Sky Guardian's park nameservers. If you have email with us for the domain name, are using our Off-site DNS, or created a Premium DNS transfer template prior to the transfer, select this option.
NOTE: If you select this option and are not using Off-site DNS or a Premium DNS transfer template, we park the domain name on our parking nameservers and create a default zone file in your account with us. You can use the Zone File Editor in the DNS Manager to customise the new zone file. For more information, see Managing DNS for Your Domain Names.
Please note there are special instructions for transferring .uk, .ca, .eu, .es, .se and .au domain names to Sky Guardian.
How long will it take for my transfers to go through?
Most domain transfers take between five and seven days to complete. The time it takes varies depending on the extension. For details on transferring country-code Top-level Domains (ccTLDs), go to About ccTLDs and click the help article for your domain extension.
Can I check the progress of my domain transfers?
Absolutely. Track the progress of your transfers by following these steps:
- Sign in to on Sky Guardian and go to My Account.
- Next to Domains, click the Launch button.
- In the upper left, pull down the Domains menu and click Pending Transfers. You should see the following info for each transfer domain name:Status — This tells you where in the transfer process you are. Hover over the progress bar for any transfer, click the ? icon, or click the Action Required or Error link that displays for details.Admin Email — This field shows the email address linked with that domain name.
What, and when, will I be charged to maintain my domain?
Upon the expiration of your domain, you will be charged annually to maintain the domain. The price is the then-current annual retail price applicable to the domain.
* ICANN fee of £0.15 per year included.
** Most domain names include a free 1-year extension with the transfer, but there are exceptions. The domains listed below do not include a free 1-year extension with the transfer:
CO.NZ, .CZ , .ES, .JP, NET.BR, .SE
The domains listed below, also do not include a free 1-year extension, but their initial transfer is free of charge:
.CH, CO.UK, COM.BR, ME.UK, .NL, ORG.UK, .UK
- Domains with bulk pricing do not qualify for additional promotional discounts.
- Third-party logos and marks are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
- Products will automatically renew until cancelled. You may turn off the auto-renewal feature by visiting your Sky Guardian account.